FL Studio Vocoder Template – Vocal Preset
Today I present to you a cool “Drag and Drop” vocoder template for FL Studio. I created this by using a few native plugins (Vocodex, Harmless)
I say it’s drag and drop because everything is already routed and labeled for you.
- FL Studio 20 or higher
Native FL Studio Plugins Used:
- Image line Vocodex (included in every edition except Fruity)
- Fruity Parametric EQ 2
- Fruity Limiter
- Fruity Delay 3
- Fruity Reeverb 2
How To Use:
Please follow the ordered steps below on how to use this template.
- Open the FLP or zip file with FL Studio
- Drag your audio clip/s to the “Vocal Mod” slot in the playlist
- Apply your midi data to “Harmless” in the channel rack (you can use the piano roll or play live)
- Drag the midi pattern to the “Vocoder Carrier Midi” slot in the playlist
- Adjust the knob titled “Mix” in the mixer panel to your taste
- Adjust the reverb and delay volume sliders to your taste
- Experiment with the chorus, timber, unison, vib, and trem knobs in Harmless (optional)
- Export your audio
Check out the walkthrough tutorial below to get a visual demonstration of how to use this vocoder template.
- FLP template
- Zipped demo project file (the files used in the video above)
The cool thing about this vocoder template is that even though everything is already routed and labeled for you in FL Studio, there’s still an endless amount of possibilities. You can tweak the settings in Vocodex, tweak the knobs in Harmless, even replace Harmless with another synth. These are just a few things you can do.