In this tutorial I’ll show you how to make the reggae dub delay effect.
Things you need
- Hardware Mixer
- Delay Unit / Audio Interface
- Computer, Delay Plugin, DAW (if you don’t have a delay unit)
I myself don’t have an hardware delay unit, so I used a VST delay plugin in FL Studio.
- Route ‘FX Send’ from the mixer to an input on your delay unit OR to an input on your audio interface (to use VST effects from a DAW)
- Route the output from your delay unit or audio interface to a line input on your mixer. You can use the headphones output or the main output from the audio interface.
Delay Effect Settings:
- Set your delay effect to repeat only once.
- That single repeat will feedback into itself, aka feedback loop.
IMPORTANT: USE WITH CAUTION!!!! The feedback loop can become very loud. This can cause damage to your ears and equipment.